A native of Long Island, New York, Mike is a former New York City police officer who retired after four years of commitment due to a work-related injury. He relocated to Omaha in 1987 to study law and establish a practice dedicated to helping victims of automobile accidents and work-related accidents. Mike is a tireless advocate for the victims of drunk driving.
Mike is married to Elizabeth, the co-founder of Dyer Law, PC, LLO. Mike and Elizabeth have three daughters. Mike’s family includes several law enforcement officers and firefighters.
Mike Dyer holds an undergraduate degree from Long Island University and a law degree from Creighton University School of Law. He has also studied at Tulane University and Suffolk County Community College. He is licensed to practice law in Nebraska, New York and Connecticut.
“My license from New York says ‘Attorney and Counsellor at Law’. We all know how to do the ‘Attorney thing’ but the ‘Counsellor’ part is just as important.”
- Member of Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, Omaha Bar Association, Nebraska Bar Association, New York Bar Association, Suffolk County Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association, American Association for Justice and American Bar Association.
- Member of Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys Circle of Advocates
- Member of Omaha Area Emerald Society, NYPD Emerald Society, NYPD Holy Name Society
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys - Director at Large
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) – Past Chair Nebraska State Operations Council
- Fraternal Order of Police
- NYPD Police Organization Providing Peer Assistance
- NYPD Retiree Mobilization Plan